Friday, April 17, 2015

Importance of preparations

It's not enough to have a list.
It's not enough to SMART the list.
It's not enough to have the determination and will to get you through the list.
You need to prepare.

For example:

I have been trying to get myself out and walking for the last month.
There have been days when I think it would be nice, but decided not to, simply because the threshold was elevated by the fact that I hadn't prepared.
I am a lazy bum, so I need to have all the things I need in order.

I need to have my telephone and bluetooth unit charged.
I need to have my telephone, bluetooth unit and earphones ready.
I need to have the clothes I'm planning to use prepared, from sportsbra to good shoes.
Everything needs to be clean.
I also need to have something I can have over the clothes, if it's rainy or cold.
If it had been easy, just to get into the clothes, take my MP3 player and go, I would have gone.
When I needed to wait for the phone to charge and couldn't find my socks, I didn't go.

The same with everything else.
If you plan to yoga every morning, you need to have a place to yoga prepared, and the clothes you plan wearing.
If you plan to learn to play a guitar, you need a guitar that is stringed and tuned, and what ever material you plan to use to learn from, ready.
If you plan to watch a movie, you need to have a copy of that movie, and necessary equipment to watch that copy.
If you want to make a piece of art every day, you need your paper, pens, brushes, paint, what ever it is you plan to paint/draw and the necessary equipment.

It's much easier to get something done, when you have everything you need to do it with readily available.

These are Thirty-One organizing totes. 
The company creates them in different sizes, patterns and colors
and you can order them with embroidery.
I suggest you collect all the equipment, tools and materials for your project
in one box or bag or tote or caddy
to make it easier to get doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment